Saturday, December 22, 2007

The Latest on my Health Situation


In August of this year I was diagnosed with stage 3 colon cancer.
After the latest series of tests, CT scans, Doctor consultations, etc., I was informed by the surgeon on Wednesday, November 28, that the tumor is inoperable--that due to the size thereof and the fact that it has attached itself to too much surrounding tissue, he would not be able to successfully remove it with surgery.
The bottom line, medically speaking is that this is a "terminal" situation. The highest hope modern medicine has to offer is a possible delay of the process through chemotherapy.

The good news however, is found throughout the Scriptures, such as...

"Bless the Lord, O my soul and forget not all His benefits: Who forgives all your iniquities, Who heals all your diseases..."
--Psalm 103: 2-3

I have absolutely no intention of forgetting His benefits. If I can believe, as many Christians do, that He can, and has, 'forgiven ALL my iniquities', I can also believe He can, and has, healed ALL my diseases.

My plan is to live and not die, and declare the goodness of the Lord, to the glory of God, for many years to come. I know my
God is still in the miracle business. Thank you for your agreement and your prayers of faith.

In Christ,
Eddie Hughes
PO Box 794
Morgantown, WV 26507

2 Comments:

At 1:12 PM, Blogger Tom Springer said...

You got it! How can one be Christ centered with the Spirit, without which no man can call him Lord. In my book "Just a believer or a witness", I spent a lot of time teaching the purposes of the gifts, demonstrations and power of the Spirit. They were meant to declare the resurrected, crowned, Lordship of Jesus. When the disciples, (or us) received Holy Ghost baptism, they knew that they knew...He was Lord.

 
At 3:58 PM, Blogger Eddie Hughes said...

Thanks for your comment Tom and Bev.
Somehow it was connected to the wrong post. It should have shown up in the comments section of the post entitled, "Don't Desire the GIFTS, Desire the GIVER...Really?" posted on February 11, 2008.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home