Monday, April 21, 2008

Healing Update... The GREATEST REPORT YET !!!

Got a great report today concerning my health situation. I read it and re-read and it still thrills me as it did the first time I read it. You see it's a copy of an old report. And I wish I could remember it verbatim so I could quote it to you, as I don't have it sitting right in front of me. But as my memory serves me, it goes something like this...

A rather unusual procedure was performed to remove this malignancy once and for all. It hasn't been totally removed yet but as His 'resident assistants' continue to apply the associated treatments, the cancer is losing its dangerous and deadly effects and will continue to do so until any remnant of the tumor has been rendered harmless.

This radical procedure is not surgery, as we have previously announced in our updates, surgery is not an option. It is, however, actually more effective than surgery could have been, considering the limited surgical skills in removing this type of tumor---and considering this particular Physician's success rate with every single procedure he has ever performed, believe it or not...

He's awesome! So much so, they call him 'The Great Physician'.

Anyway, back to the report...

I wish I could have him talk to you about this, himself, as he did to me... He's much better at making it clear and understandable, in layman's terms. That might be arranged, by the way---let me know if you would be available for a personal, one-on-one session with him and if you don't know him already, I might be able to introduce you.

His official report goes something like this:

He (the Physician himself) somehow, was personally wounded on behalf of my wrong attitudes and actions (he told me he had to get to the root of the cancer or any other disease). Then he subjected himself to the deepest and most deadly forms of hematoma, somehow connecting those to my wrongful attitudes which, contrary to what many believe, directly affected my physical body in every area, becoming the source of every form of malady and disease... His procedure, however, reversed that terrible effect and brought healing to those areas, even though it left wicked looking scars on him, resembling 'stripes' and bruises.

According to the official, summary statement of his report... I have been cured. I believe that report.

By the way... I found (and believe) a similar report about your situation.

If I have totally confused you by now, take a good, long, meditating look at ISAIAH 53: verses 1 and 5.

[ Follow-up NOTE: ] In light of at least one response to the above and possibly the 'lack' of response as well, I am moved to make it a little more clear, that the "Great Physician" I wrote about is NOT my cancer doctor (literally speaking). The "Great Physician" represents the Lord Jesus Christ. He was the one who was 'wounded for our transgressions, bruised for our iniquities, [suffered deep "hematoma" for my sins, wrong attitudes, actions, etc.); and it was by His stripes we are healed'.
And Isaiah's prophetic account of this awesome event is none other than "the report" I have 'read and re-read'---it is that 'report' I believe and put my full trust in (Isaiah 53:1-5). And lest my earthly doctor awaken some morning with CNN, FOX, National Enquirer, etc., along with a multitude of reporters and camera men (however unlikely that is), I thought it wise to clarify.

3 Comments:

At 3:21 PM, Blogger Joyce said...

Pastor Hughes:
I've been reading your articles from time to time since your brother and my friend, Jim, made me aware of your website. I also have been praying for you since learning of your illness. This most recent blog "updating" your medical circumstances really brought home not just the depth of your faith, but also your sense of humor and real talent for writing. I'd love to detail the progress of my thoughts as your wonderful blog progressed, but the space here is limited. Suffice it to say, that it was uplifting and smile-producing. Thanks for sharing this with us!

 
At 3:24 PM, Blogger Joyce said...

Pastor Hughes:
I've been reading your articles from time to time since your brother and my friend, Jim, made me aware of your website. I also have been praying for you since learning of your illness. This most recent blog "updating" your medical circumstances really brought home not just the depth of your faith, but also your sense of humor and real talent for writing. I'd love to detail my thoughts as I progressed through your wonderful article, but the space here is limited. Suffice it to say that it was uplifting and smile producing. Thanks for sharing this message with us.

 
At 4:19 PM, Blogger Eddie Hughes said...

What a nice comment! My wife Joie, and I just read it a few minutes ago and we both appreciate it greatly.
Thanks also, to my brother for passing my blogs on to such nice people!
In Christ,
Eddie Hughes

 

Post a Comment

<< Home